Some of the motivational Conor McGregor quotes will inspire you.
The world of sports is filled with several inspirational rises of athletes who dominate headlines.
For Conor McGregor, it’s no different.
The Irish Mixed Martial Artist, dubbed, Notorious, rose from being an unknown plumber to becoming one of the best Mixed Martial Artist in the world.
One thing that makes his rise to success inspirational is that McGregor began Mixed Martial Arts at pretty much a late age and had to deal with family members’ doubts.
Despite all the seemingly insurmountable odds stacked against him, McGregor rose to become one of the very best in the sports, proof that hard work and determination are rewarded with only success.
McGregor’s success has thus made the sports figure an influential figure, who several fans look up to, and he hasn’t failed to encourage such ones to persevere in hard work through his quotes.
The Best Conor McGregor Quotes
1. “I enjoy competition. I enjoy challenges. If a challenge is in front of me and it appeals to me, I will go ahead and conquer it.”
2. “Why go through life if you’re not going to challenge yourself?”
3. “A lot of people cry and complain and put their hand out and beg. It never goes well.”
4. “I am not afraid of saying something and going and pursuing it. That’s it. I see it in my mind. I say it out loud. I go and do it.”
5. “I’m just trying to be myself. I’m not trying to be anyone else.”
6. “Life is about growing and improving and getting better.”
7. “We’re not just here to take part — we’re here to take over.”
8. “I didn’t have money before this. I was collecting 188 Euro a week off the social welfare. And now here I am.”
9. “Doubt is only removed by action. If you’re not working then that’s where doubt comes in.”
10. “The more you seek the uncomfortable, the more you will become comfortable.”
11. “I’m not going to get somewhere and say, ‘OK, I’m done.’ Success is never final; I’ll just keep on going. The same way as failure never being fatal. Just keep going. I’m going to the stars and then past them.”
12. “You must improvise, adapt, and overcome.”
13. “Competition gives me energy. It keeps me focused.”
14. “Yes, sir, no, sir, clock in, clock out. Why were you late? Why are you not in today? That’s not how humans are supposed to live.”
#15 of Conor McGregor Quotes
“My success isn’t a result of arrogance – it’s a result of belief.”—Conor McGregor
YOU MAY LIKE: Top-20 Best MMA Fighters Of All-Time In UFC History
16. “I’m going to change the way martial arts is viewed. I’m going to change the game. I’m going to change the way people approach fighting”
17. “A lot of people cry and complain and put their hand out and beg. It never goes well.”
18. “I was always a dreamer, and my first ambition was to be a footballer. I’d be out in the field doing drills after it got dark at night. So I had that passion to get somewhere and a drive to do something. I did love football and was always more into playing it than watching it. When I found combat sport, however, it just took over. It’s non-stop now.”
19. “Nothing good ever comes from worrying or sitting there feeling sorry for yourself… Keep positive and keep pushing on and things will turn good. ”
20. “When I do something, I do it full steam ahead.”
21. “I keep having vivid dreams of success. Then it’s time to sleep.”
22. “People like to blame others. I think a person should just look at their own situation, look around them, find out what they wish to do, and seek and go and do that. And that’s it”
23. “I take inspiration from everyone and everything. I’m inspired by current champions, former champions, true competitors, people dedicated to their dream, hard workers, dreamers, believers, achievers.”
24. “You might win some, you might lose some. But you go in, you challenge yourself, you become a better man, a better individual, a better fighter.”
#25 of Conor McGregor Quotes
“I am in the fighting game. I don’t care about anything else. I don’t watch the news, I don’t care about politics, I don’t care about other sports. I don’t care about anything I don’t need to care about. This is my sport: it is my life. I study it; I think about it all the time. Nothing else matters.”—Conor McGregor
26. “I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing. Keep proving people wrong and proving myself right.”
27. “If you deserve it, go get it.”
28. “Life is about growing and improving and getting better.”
29. “You might win some, you might lose some. But you go in, you challenge yourself, you become a better man, a better individual, a better fighter.”
30. “I wish everyone well, but you need to focus on yourself. You need to stop putting your hand out. Everyone wants handouts. Everyone wants things for free. You’ve got to put in the work. You’ve got to grind. You’ve got go through the struggle, and you’ve got to get it.”
31. “I don’t feel pressure in a negative way. I like pressure. I feel excitement and calm at the same time. No pressure, no diamonds. I want pressure: pressure creates drama, creates emotion.”
32. “The only weight I care about is the weight of them checks and my checks are always super heavyweight.”
33. “I am cocky in prediction. I am confident in preparation. But I am always humble in victory or defeat.”
34. “We can either run from adversity or we can face our adversity head-on and conquer it.”
#35 of Conor McGregor Quotes
“Timing beats speed. Precision beats power.”—Conor McGregor
36. “Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.”
37. “I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.”
38. “Failure is not an option for me. Success is all I envision.”
39. “At the end of the day, you’ve gotta feel some way. So why not feel unbeatable? Why not feel untouchable?”
40. “I have never encountered a winner that held hate towards something.”
“Do I hate my opponents? How can I hate someone who has the same dreams as me?”—Conor McGregor
42. “Look out for those who look out for you. Loyalty is everything.”
43. “Smart work pays best. Trust it.”
44. “Always look to learn. Learning something new is a great feeling. The feeling of progress.”
45. “I stay ready so I don’t have to get ready.”
46. “Excellence is not a skill. Excellence is an attitude.”
47. “All that matters is how you see yourself.”
48. “You can’t fear success and I think a lot of people do. I think a lot of people fear the really high heights. But I am not one of those people… I’m not like that. I’m going for it.”
49. “What defines us is how well we rise after falling.”
50. “I’m going to the stars and then past them.”
To Wrap Up
Hopefully, you were inspired by these great Conor McGreGor quotes.
Have any of his great quotes that we forgot to include in this compilation? We’ll add it.
Which of McGregor’s quotes is your personal favorite? Let us know in the comments.
YOU MAY LIKE: The List Of Current UFC Champions