Why is Giannis Antetokounmpo quotes inspirational?
Giannis Antetokounmpo is a household name amongst active NBA players.
The 27-year old is fondly recognized as the “Greek Freak” for his nationality, size, work rate, and ball-handling skills.
He has achieved five-time All-Star appearances, two-time NBA Most Valuable Player Award, and the 2021 NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player.
Nevertheless, Antetokounmpo has used his prominence as a podium to impact humanity in words and deeds.
An instance can be cited when he won the 2019 NBA Most Valuable Player Award.
His emotional acceptance speech portrayed the benefits of hard work and determination.
He stated, “two years ago, I had the goal in my head, the goal that I was going to be the best player in the league. I’m going to do whatever it takes to help my team win, and I’m going to win MVP.”
Several statements like the above have spawned from Antetokounmpo’s mouth.
The following is a compilation of 50 inspirational Giannis Antetokounmpo quotes that could motivate you before your day starts.
Inspiring Giannis Antetokounmpo Quotes To Motivate You
1. “Before I leave this earth, I’m going to help people have a better future.”
2. “I see myself as a student. Trying to learn everything.”
3. “Just growing up and going through life and how tough life was for my family and me, I’m always going to stay humble.”
4. “It’s my nature to be fearless.”
5. “You can just never forget where you came from.”
6. “It starts with my family. That drives me every day, just seeing them smiling.”
7. “I want to become one of the best players, so if you want to be one the best, you have to elevate all aspects of your game.”
8. “If you are going to do something, you have to do it for yourself, and that’s what I try to do. I try to be authentic and try to be original, so that’s what I try to be. A lot of people try to build big brands but have received bad advice, and they don’t try to be authentic and real with themselves.”
9. Antetokounmpo’s NBA ambition was confirmed when he stated, “I hope to play in the NBA for many seasons, establish my position, and win titles.”
10. “I was selling stuff probably since I could remember, like 6 or 7 years old. I was always out there helping my mom and dad sell watches, glasses, CDs, DVDs, stuff like that. Whatever we could put our hands on. I did it until I was around 17. But I was just doing it because I had to. There was no other option.”
11. Antetokounmpo buttressed loyalty’s importance when he said, “I love Milwaukee! I’m going to be in Milwaukee for 20 years! I’ll be here so long; they’ll be sick of me!”
12. “I’m loyal to the people I work with.”
13. “You always fight with your brothers.”
14. “I’m going to do whatever it takes for my team and me to be successful.”
15. “If I can’t score, I do whatever I can to support my teammates.”
16. “Whatever I try to do, I always try to give it my best and try to be a killer because, at the end of the day, if you don’t work hard, you are not going to get food on your table.”
17. “I know that guys can’t guard me one-on-one.”
18. “Even if I’ll be an All-Star or Rookie of the Year, I will always be humble, Giannis.”
19. “You have so many games to play, and you can do well in one game but bad in the other ones. The thing you’ve got to be is consistent.”
20. “I’ve got to perfect my game. Keep working.”
21. “A lot of people know who I am now. They want a little bit of me, a little bit of my time. But at the end of the day, I still have to remember who I am.”
22. “It’s such a long season, and there are so many games, so many trips, you’ve got to build habits and be consistent with what you do.”
23. “The night before games, I try to get some shots up. Early on the game day, I come early in the morning to get some shots up. I just try to do the same things: go through the scouting, watch some clips before the game, just try to get my body.”
24. “I’m a humble kid. I grew up with Filathlitikos. Some people in Filathlitikos taught me how to stay humble. It was coach Tzivas that never allowed me to get carried away. That’s who I am.”
25. “I’m serious about it, and I want to spend my money wisely. I’m not going to throw away any money.”
26. “I’ve just got to keep working hard, try to get my team better. That’s a goal of mine.”
27. “It doesn’t matter how you’re playing: you’ve got to be vocal – you’ve got to be aggressive – if you really want to be one of the best in this league.”
28. “You never know how life turns out.”
29. After losing his 54-year old dad in 2017, Giannis said, “Losing someone you love is tough.”
30. “We loved our dad. My mom loved her husband. But at the end of the day, I think, he did what he was supposed to do in this world. He had five kids and raised us right. That’s the most important thing.”
More Famous Quotes by Giannis Antetokounmpo
31. “I like to score when I can, but if I can’t do that, I like to do the other things – defense, blocking, rebounding.”
32. “I cannot take 30 jumpers a game. Got to have a balance. You’ve got to get your teammates involved.”
33. I’m going to have some nights when it’s not going to come. But if you keep playing naturally, it’s just going to come. I’m going to keep getting better, keep getting better, and one day, everything’s going to pay off.”
34. “Persistent in life? I think, yes, I am. I’m going to do something until I get it right.”
35. “I’m a low-profile guy.”
36. “Leading your family is a lot tougher than basketball.”
37. “I have worked hard to earn recognition in the NBA, and being on the cover of ‘NBA 2K19’ is a dream come true.”
38. “I just try to stay grounded.”
39. “I want to be an all-around basketball player.”
40. “With back-to-backs, a lot of games, sometimes you think, ‘I’ve got to take a day off today.’ But you have to push through it. The greats did.”
41. “I’m a really competitive guy. I’m a really stubborn guy. That’s what makes me want to take Milwaukee to the top, make Milwaukee a big market team. That’s a goal I’ve set for myself. Hopefully, one day I can achieve it.”
42. “When you’re young, it’s hard to lead people that are older than you.”
43. “I think my jump shot could get a lot, a lot better. I could become a considerable threat out there.”
44. “I try to come in, try to defend, help on defense, play as hard as possible and do whatever my coach and my teammates tell me and try to listen and get better.”
45. “Just every day, try to be a leader, try to get better, and to help my team win. I just want to be more vocal, like talk more so my teammates can know I got their back.”
46. “I just stay home all the time. But the things I have learned outside of basketball is you got to take care of your body.”
47. “Milwaukee is a small-market team, but I love it.”
48. “I’m really scared of failing.”
49. “Sometimes I’m wide open; I’ve just got to shoot.”
50. “The Bucks and John Hammond chose me in the draft, got me in the NBA, kept me in the team with a role from my very first season, and they are my basketball family.”
RELATED: Best NBA Players Right Now 2020
To Wrap Up
Hope you enjoyed our compilation of the greatest sayings and inspirational quotes by Giannis Antetokounmpo.
VIDEO: Giannis’ Emotional MVP Acceptance Speech at the 2019 NBA Awards
What are some of your favorite Giannis Antetokounmpo quotes?
Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
You’ll Also Enjoy: