Why is Serena Williams Quotes an inspiration?
The name Serena Williams is greeted with such reverence and adulation, thanks to the esteemed athlete’s notable accomplishments that bear the name.
Regarded as one of the best tennis players of all time, Williams is no doubt the most successful tennis player of her generation.
In her career, which has spanned over two decades, Williams has claimed close to two dozen Grand Slam women’s singles titles.
That ranks as the second-highest for any female tennis player who has ever played professionally in the open era.
Serena has also won about $94 million in prize money since she debuted professionally, the highest by a female tennis player.
These notable accomplishments by Serena Williams have thrust the top-rated tennis star to the ranks of one of the inspirational figures, whose actions, and words are held in high regard by fans globally.
Williams has thus realized this and has made use of her platform to inspire people, especially in her dealings outside of tennis.
The athlete who is an investor in several tech companies has made several inspiring quotes, which can propel you to accomplish the seemingly impossible.
In this article, you’ll find a compilation of our favorite Serena Williams quotes that’ll inspire you to succeed.
50 Serena Williams Quotes That Will Inspire You To Succeed
1. “Luck has nothing to do with it; I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.”
2. “Victory is very, very sweet. It tastes better than any dessert you’ve ever had.”
3. “Overpower. Overtake. Overcome.”
4. “I’m just opening the next door for the next person.”
5. “I don’t like to lose — at anything. Yet, I’ve grown most not from victories but setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.”
6. “I’m really excited. I smile a lot, and I win a lot.”
7. “I’ve always been a fighter, and I’ve always fought through things my whole life.”
8. “If Plan A isn’t working, I have Plan B, Plan C, and even Plan D.”
9. “You can become strong, and powerful, and beautiful.”
10. “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very strong, be extremely kind, and, above all, be humble.”
11. “Is greatness winning? Is it losing? Is it recovery? It’s all of them, plus being good to yourself.”
12. “Am I the greatest? I don’t know. I’m the greatest that I can be.”
13. “Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream.”
14. “Everything comes at a cost. Just what are you willing to pay for it?”
15. “I don’t like to lose — at anything. Yet, I’ve grown most not from victories but setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.”
16. “I’m really excited. I smile a lot, and I win a lot.”
17. “I am who I am. I love who I am.”
18. “Strong is beautiful.”
19. “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.”
20. “I love who I am, and I encourage other people to love and embrace who they are. But it definitely wasn’t easy; it took me a while.”
21. “Is greatness winning? Is it losing? Is it recovery? It’s all of them, plus being good to yourself.”
22. “I decided I can’t pay a person to rewind time, so I may as well get over it.”
23. “I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top position.”
24. “Family first, and that’s what matters most. we realize that our love goes deeper than the tennis game.”
25. “I am who I am. I love who I am.”
26. “I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top position.”
27. “You have to be fearless to have success.”
28. “I’m a perfectionist. I’m pretty much insatiable. I feel there are so many things I can improve on.”
29. “Think of all the girls who could become top athletes but quit sports because they’re afraid of having too many defined muscles and being made fun of or called unattractive.”
30. “If anything, you know, I think losing makes me even more motivated.”
More Great Quotes by Serena Williams
31. “I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.”
32. “Venus told me the other day that champions don’t get nervous in tight situations. That really helped me a lot. I decided I shouldn’t get nervous and just do the best I can.”
33. “Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard.”
34. “People see me on the court only as a superhero, grunting and winning. They think you’re a robot, and I’m not.”
35. “I’m an athlete, and I’m black, and a lot of black athletes go broke. I do not want to become a statistic, so maybe I overcompensate. But I’m paranoid. Oprah told me a long time ago, ‘You sign every check. Never let anyone sign any checks.”
36. “There’s always another record; then there’s always another person to catch up with or to pass.”
37. “I’ve always been a fighter, and I’ve always fought through things my whole life.”
38. “We all know who the real number one is. Quite frankly, I’m the best in the world.”
39. “I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.”
40. “I can’t become satisfied because if I get satisfied, I’ll be like, “Oh, I’ve won Wimbledon, I’ve won the U.S. Open. Now can I relax?” But now people are really going to be fighting to beat me.”
41. “There’s one thing I’m really good at, and that’s hitting the ball over a net, in a box. I’m excellent.”
42. “Growing up, I wasn’t the richest, but I had a rich family in spirit. Standing here with 19 championships is something I never thought would happen. I went on a court just with a ball and a racket and with a hope.”
43. “When you’re playing the best player in the world, you’ve got to play well.”
44. “I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top position.”
45. “When I’m down, I talk to myself a lot. I look crazy because I’m constantly having an argument with myself.”
46. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.”
47. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.”
48. “I always say that when I’m playing well, no one can beat me. I’m not just saying that to sound full of myself or anything, but it’s true.”
49. “I want to be a giving woman and just a nice person in general.”
50. “I’m not used to crying. It’s a little difficult. All my life, I’ve had to fight. It’s just another fight I’m going to have to learn how to win, that’s all. I’m just going to have to keep smiling.”
VIDEO: Serena Williams’ Winning Speech at the Australian Open in 2015
To Wrap Up
Hope you enjoyed our compilation of greatest inspirational quotes by Serena Williams.
What are some of your favorite Serena Williams quotes and sayings?
Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
You’ll Also Enjoy: