Why is Megan Rapinoe quotes an inspiration?
Megan Rapinoe is one of the famous and outspoken players of her generation from the United States.
Rapinoe is an American professional soccer player and captain of OL Reign FC of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) and the US national team.
She won the Ballon d’Or Féminin in 2019.
Rapinoe has used the position of her role to voice out on several issues, from women’s rights to matters pertaining to the LGBT community.
Below are some of the memorable Megan Rapinoe quotes that will motivate you.
RELATED: Megan Rapinoe’s Net Worth, & Salary
50 Megan Rapinoe Quotes To Inspire & Motivate You
1. “We’re gracious, and we’re humble, and we play the game a certain way, whether we win or lose.”
2. “Putting yourself out there is hard, but it’s so worth it. I don’t think anyone who has ever spoken out, or stood up, or had a brave moment, has regretted it. It’s empowering and confidence-building and inspiring. Not only to other people but to yourself.”
3. “Some people play best when they’re frustrated and mad. I play my best when I’m happy. I really, truly do.”
4. “I need to feel like I have that freedom to make mistakes and to just try things.”
5. “I’ve always been a risk-taker. Growing up, I had a lot of freedom and room to roam and do what I wanted, and I think that’s a huge part of my game.”
6. “Be honest about how you approach failure. Don’t just be critical of yourself because that can be self-serving. Approach it honestly, assess your performance, and assess the areas where you have fallen short. Correct them and move on. Don’t dwell on it. Don’t hold on to it.”
7. “This is my charge to everybody, Do what you can. Do what you have to do—step outside of yourself. Be more. Be better. Be bigger than you’ve ever been before.”
8. “I feel like it’s actually everybody’s responsibility to use whatever platform they have to do good in the world and to try to make our society better, whether you’re an accountant or an activist or an athlete or whatever it is. I think it’s everybody’s responsibility.”
9. “I take playing for my country very seriously. It’s a huge honor.”
10. “I was made exactly the way I was meant to be made in who I am and my personality and the way I was born.”
11. “As I’ve grown older, I’ve really got to understand how powerful one voice can be, my voice can be, or the team’s voice can be. So to hold that back or not to use that just seems selfish in a way.”
12. “Sometimes, it’s worth risking it all for a dream only you can see.”
13. “While we do not get to choose what we see or what happens around us, and sometimes to us and others, we do get to choose how we bear witness to it.”
14. “Hang on to your friends, and be prepared to make new ones.”
15. “And life will throw you some curveballs. Failure will happen, and how you handle it will help shape you into the person you are going to become.”
16. “As I’ve grown older, I’ve really got to understand how powerful one voice can be, my voice can be, or the team’s voice can be. So to hold that back or not to use that just seems selfish in a way.”
17. “This is my charge to everyone: We have to be better. We have to love more. Hate less. We got to listen more and talk less.”
18. “You deserve the space that you can take up. And you can take up as much space as you need.”
19. “When we, as a nation, put our minds to something, when we truly choose to care about something, change always happens.”
20. “Over the years, I have really figured out what works for me. It’s not about what anyone else is doing. I can’t worry about whether I am doing everything that another player is doing, which can be hard sometimes. I have to trust my training and know my body and figure out what will get the best out of me.”
21. “It’s pretty cool; it’s really special; I feel like in so many ways I’m representing what the whole team is standing for, every team in the World Cup, it felt like we were all on the same team fighting for something bigger.”
22. “Get me on the bus, get me on one of those planes; I want to rile people up! Something about me is motivating people to do something, or people are interested.”
23. “Make this world a better place, love more, hate less.”
24. “Success for us is very simple, and it is very clear from the first second that you get on the team, whether it is like a passing pattern or a small-sided game or a friendly or a World Cup final — it’s winning, it’s competing to the best of your ability, it’s trying to be the absolute best that you can so for us the expectation is always the same, success for us looks like winning.”
25. “We feel a responsibility not only to stand up for what we know we deserve as athletes, but also for what we know is right – on behalf of our teammates, future teammates, fellow women athletes, and women all around the world.”
26. “To every girl out there, to every boy out there, who watches this team, who wants to be on this team or just wants to live their dream out, you are not lesser just because you’re a girl. You are not better just because you’re a boy.”
27. “I don’t really get energized by haters or all that. I feel like there’s so many people that love me, so I’m like, “Yay, keep loving me. This is great!” I’m more energized by that.”
28. “It’s about standing up and being counted and saying you’re proud of who you are.”
29. “If you can’t take criticism, you can’t reach your potential.”
30. “Do what you love and love what you do. I just try to have a smile and love what I do every day.”
More Great Sayings & Quotes By Megan Rapinoe
RELATED: 50 Inspiring Serena Williams Quotes
31. “We’re all crazy. That’s what makes us special.”
32. “When you know yourself and your strengths, there is always something you can do to raise the standard for everyone.”
33. “Real change lies within all of us. It is in the choices we make every day. It’s in how we talk, who we hire, and what we permit others to say in our presence. It’s in reading more, thinking more, considering a different perspective. At its simplest, it’s in whether we’re willing to spend even five minutes a day thinking about how we can make the world better.”
34. “Maybe you’re not having a thousand times more injuries, but there’s an aspect to the purity of the game and the quality of the game that is played on grass that is different on turf.”
35. “It’s hard to beat somebody that never gives up.”
36. “The more I’ve been able to learn about gay rights and equal pay and gender equity and racial inequality, the more that it all intersects. You can’t really pick it apart. It’s all intertwined.”
37. “Always believe in your game.”
38. “I know this sounds weird, but getting hurt was one of the best things that ever happened to me. It really gave me a different perspective. Before, everything was going how it was supposed to be, and I wasn’t really appreciative of what I was doing and what it took to be there. The injury grounded me in a lot of different ways. The rehab process makes you stronger on all fronts, mentally and physically. I feel stronger and a better person for it. I would never wish it on anyone, but I don’t wish I could take it back.”
39. “I guess [coming out publicly] seems like a weight off my shoulders. I’ve been playing a lot better than I’ve ever played before. I think I’m just enjoying myself, and I’m happy.”
40. “We are confident in our case and steadfast in our commitment to ensuring that girls and women will not be valued as lesser just because of their gender.”
41. “We have learned that there are tremendous obstacles to change; we know that it takes bravery and courage and perseverance to stand up to them.”
42. “We need a more substantive conversation around race relations and the way people of color are treated.”
43. “I think we need to keep our faces out there and to keep our game out there and keep it growing.”
44. “Love more, hate less; there has been so much contention in these past few years.”
45. “Being a homosexual American, I know what it means to look at the flag and not feel like it protects all of my freedoms.”
46. “I’m always open; I think the team is always open for a settlement; I don’t think anyone really ever wants to go to trial or to take this thing to that level. But obviously, if we have to, we will.”
47. “I also love the United States of America. I think the U.S. Women’s national team is phenomenal. When they celebrate every goal, how much they want this, how important it is to demand, how they work for this their entire lives and careers.”
48. “It’s competing to the best of your ability; it’s trying to be the absolute best that you can, so for us, the expectation is always the same; success for us looks like winning.”
49. “It’s frustrating sometimes: as an athlete, you’re thrust into the spotlight, and you know, I think this team has always done a really amazing job of understanding that we have this incredible platform; let’s do something good with it.”
50. “It’s OK to feel different right now. You are supposed to be feeling weird a lot of the time. You have a lot going on. And you are supposed to feel uncomfortable and awkward because it’s a good thing, and it helps you grow.”
RELATED: 50 Inspiring Simone Biles Quotes
To Wrap Up
Hope you enjoyed our compilation of the greatest sayings and inspirational quotes by Megan Rapinoe.
VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe: “I’ve Been Disrespected and Dismissed Because I am a Woman.”
VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe’s Inspirational Speech at the Best FIFA Football Awards
What are some of your favorite Megan Rapinoe quotes and sayings?
Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
You’ll Also Enjoy: