Some of the famous John Cena quotes about life and success can be a source of motivation for you.
John Cena is a prominent professional wrestler mentioned among the all-time greatest in the sport.
The 46-year old American is a 16-time world champion, four-time world tag team champion, five-time United States Champion, one-time Money in the Bank winner, and a two-time Royal Rumble match-winner.
Besides Cena’s career success, he has enjoyed global fan reception during his career, attributed to his character work and promotion skills.
Cena has channeled his success to acting, starring in several top films like The Marine, Trainwreck, Bumblebee, and the upcoming Fast & Furious 9, to mention a few.
Commendably, John Cena has used his critical fan reception as an inspirational source, impacting people with his sayings on various occasions.
John Cena Quotes About Life & Success
1. “Be loyal to those who are loyal to you. And respect everyone, even your enemies and competition.”
2. “When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It’s how it goes with everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn’t stay loyal to you, they don’t stay your friend for very long.”
4. “I admire the military. I guess in a world of villains and heroes, they’re my heroes. Their dedication, their commitment, their discipline, their code of ethics.”
5. “Always do your best. Never give up… I think kids want to believe in that, and they should believe in that.”
6. “Whether fighting or spitting, my discipline is unforgiving!”
3. “If you don’t learn from your mistakes, then they become regrets.”
7. “I have certain things that I stand for, certain things that I believe in, and if you don’t like it and you tell me to go to hell, I think that’s your God-given right as a fan. It’s one of those deals where I’m that one guy outside of that realm of a good guy, bad guy. I’m just me, and it elicits a response both positive and negative.”
8. “Hustle, loyalty, and respect.”
9. “I don’t play a character. It’s just an extension of myself. “
10. “At my age, I’m not trying to score cool points. I’m just excited when I can speak to younger members of our audience in the WWE. I get to be a superhero to kids, but I’m not trying to be on the cutting edge of style or anything like that. Once you reach that point of deprivation, you don’t mind it.”
#11 of Quotes by John Cena
“The big moments for me are moments when I can actually contribute.”—John Cena
12. “I enjoy food, but I just don’t make bad decisions.”
13. “Whether you like me or you don’t, I still dig showing up for work.”
14. “The coolest thing to me, and especially now that our program is PG-friendly, and we advertise that to the hilt, but fathers and mothers come up to me and tell me to keep doing what I’m doing because I’m a good role model for their kids.”
15. “Being a pro wrestler can be kind of difficult sometimes. We have a perception about what we do – and I understand the perception because we’re a weekly episodic program, and we’re having fun all the time, so people think that’s kind of the most talented thing I could do.”
16. “I take a very unselfish approach to my job and what I do because people spend their hard-earned money to enjoy what we do. And our goal is to deliver the best show possible. If I can contribute to that, great.”
17. “There is no ‘off’ being John Cena: it’s always on. In a way, I think that has helped me because I have been able to be humble over the years. I have been able to be humiliated in front of the WWE universe in a good way.”
18. “I’ve been actively trying to extend my reach beyond WWE. I wanted to do some non-action-related projects, stuff that will resonate with different audiences who might not know who I am.”
19. “I think we all have experiences when we were young, and we either had an interaction with someone we admired or, you know, had a vision of how they were and found out that they weren’t necessarily that and that it tends to be a big let down sometimes.”
20. “When you look back at your body of work, no matter what your career path, by the time you hang ’em up, if you can say, ‘This place is in better shape than when I started,’ then you did well.”
#21 of Quotes by John Cena
“When I hear people boo, that just makes me want to go out there and work harder.”—John Cena
22. “A lot of times, people are reserved or may be scared of testing what your body is capable of. I’m not.”
23. “You often hear when you talk to guys in our industry that this is my personality, I just turn the volume up, but over the years, I’ve really become me. No volume turned up, no nothing. I’ve been able to go out there and just be myself. It’s through solid performance after solid performance that people just take you for who you are.”
24. “If you broke down my technique, it wouldn’t really take a rocket scientist to do so.”
25. “As a company, the best that we can do is not only penalize but rehabilitate. Speaking for myself, I’ve always been strong. I don’t need that club to put in my bag. This is a choice of the athlete, not the sanctioning body. We do substance abuse testing, impact testing, cardiac testing, so we try to sniff out these problems before they even start.”
26. “Your job as a superstar is to manipulate the audience and try to tell your story.”
27. “When you see me on TV, that’s about as close to my real personality as you can get.”
28. “I’m not trying to brainwash my critics. If they’re critics, they’re critics, and that’s their job to be critical, but I certainly enjoy the involvement I have with my fans. I enjoy the time I get to spend with them, and I don’t waste time with someone stubborn who is not going to come around.”
29. “I was always training for appearance rather than performance.”
30. “To get prepared to do a contest or even think about doing a contest, or even to get into decent shape, it requires a certain amount of discipline, and it comes from taking a new year’s resolution to a lifestyle.”
#31 of John Cena Quotes
“I have a strong unit of people around me, whether it be friends or family, and if my head gets too big, they will definitely check me immediately.”—John Cena
32. “If you really got heart, you got passion, let’s get on and do something.”
33. “Entertainment is often a medium in which you can put yourself front and center.”
34. “Amazingly enough, the athletic achievement is one of those things that seems larger than life at points. I think we all look to sport for inspiration.”
35. “A relationship is based on communication.”
36. “To succeed, I have to believe every night, in my heart, that I am the best.”
37. “A lot of the artists that are coming out right now are sticking to the formula of guns, drugs, money, all that other stuff. I’m not from the hood; I’ve never been arrested, I never shot anybody, I never sold drugs.”
38. “I fear nothing, and I regret less.”
39. “I am a champion who makes an impact.”
40. “Nobody remembers second place.”
#41 Quotes by John Cena
“Time management is the key. Although it seems hectic, as long as you manage your time properly, you can get everything done.”—John Cena
42. “I haven’t backed down from a fight in my life, and I won’t start tonight.”
43. “To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing. Rise above hate.”
44. “I’ve been hated, I’ve been loved. I will always be me.”
45. “I don’t doll myself up for TV because I want people to accept me for who I am.”
46. “When the day comes that you don’t believe in yourself, there’s the door; get the hell out!”
47. “There’re those who talk about it. And there’re those who be about it!”
48. “When you can clock into work and make a difference in someone else’s life, that’s a good way to make a living.”
49. “It wasn’t until after I received my education that I seriously looked at sports entertainment as a way to make a career for myself. And they’ve got to take it in stride. It’s very much like acting or playing professional sports: One percent of one percent of the people who try out for it can actually say they make they’re living off of doing it.”
50. “I’ve always taken any sort of audible response as a compliment, and I always understand it is our consumers’ right and privilege to say whatever people want at our events. So as long as there’s no silence, I’ll keep being excited. But that stuff in the arenas is one thing. The comments on the internet – the obnoxious, visceral comments – are baffling to me. I just don’t know why that’s the way it is.”
To Wrap Up
Hopefully, you enjoyed this compilation of inspirational quotes by one of WWE’s greatest wrestlers, John Cena.
Have any of his best quotes you think we missed out? We’ll add it.