Some of the famous Michael Phelps quotes could inspire and get you fired up.
You would not be wrong to define success as Michael Phelps.
In fact, it would be more clear if the English dictionary can officially name “Phelps” as a new synonym for the word success.
On almost every stage in the sport of swimming, Phelps has made an impact and left an imprint that will positively affect and inspire swimmers.
He is undoubtedly among the most influential in the sport.
However, in becoming the man he is today, Phelps acknowledges the importance of hard work, discipline, and determination.
The following is a list of the most famous Michael Phelps quotes to get you fired up before your day begins.
Inspirational Michael Phelps Quotes That Could Motivate You
1. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.”
2. “I want to test my maximum and see how much I can do. And I want to change the world of swimming.”
3. “If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people aren’t willing to do.”
4. “I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and you put the work and time into it. I think your mind really controls everything.”
5. “I won’t predict anything historic. But nothing is impossible.”
6. “I want to be able to look back and say, ‘I’ve done everything I can, and I was successful.’ I don’t want to look back and say I should have done this or that. I’d like to change things for the younger generation of swimmers coming along.”
7. “I think goals should never be easy; they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.”
8. “I can only control my own performance. If I do my best, then I can feel good at the end of the day.”
9. “I can’t remember the last day I didn’t train.”
10. “I like to just think of myself as a normal person who just has a passion, has a goal and a dream, and goes out and does it. And that’s really how I’ve always lived my life.”
11. “The more you dream, the more you achieve.”
12. “I have a lot of goals, but I think that I just want to take it day by day.”
13. “I believe in God; I’m not saying I’m highly religious.”
14. “People say to me, ‘You’re so lucky. You get to see the world.’ But I don’t. I go to the hotel and to the pools and back again. That’s it.”
15. “It doesn’t matter what else is going on. When you walk into your arena or your – whatever you excel at, you’re there to take care of the job that you have to do.”
16. “I found something I love… and never gave up.”
17. “There are always going to be obstacles that come in your way; stay positive.”
18. “If you have a goal, go out there and achieve it.”
19. “So many people along the way, whatever it is you aspire to do, will tell you it can’t be done. But all it takes is imagination, you dream, you plan, you reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits.”
20. “If you say can’t, you’re restricting what you can do or ever will do.”
RELATED: 50 Inspirational Tom Brady Quotes
21. “If I didn’t swim my best, I’d think about it at school, at dinner, with my friends. It would drive me crazy.”
22. “With so many people saying it couldn’t be done, all it takes is an imagination.”
23. “When I feel tired, I just think about how great I will feel once I finally reach my goal.”
24. “Things won’t go perfect. It’s all about how you adapt from those things and learn from mistakes.”
25. “You have to have a dream so that you can get up in the morning.”
26. “If you’re not serious about training, conditioning, and practice. You’re not serious about being your best.”
27. “Goals should never be easy.”
28. “Nothing is impossible.”
29. “I don’t like to be second in anything.”
30. “The one thing that’s common to all successful people. They make a habit of doing things that unsuccessful people don’t like to do.”
More Famous Quotes by Michael Phelps
RELATED: 50 Famous Tiger Woods Quotes
31. “Perseverance, determination, commitment, and courage – those things are real. The desire for redemption drives you.”
32. “Dream as big as you can dream, and anything is possible.”
33. “I have the opportunity to be part of swimming history. To take the sport to a new level would be an honor for me. There’s no better time to try this than now.”
34. “I knew I was not a failure in any way, and so did those close to me. It doesn’t matter if you fall short; it is never a failure to go after goals with everything you’ve got.”
35. “I feel most at home in the water. I disappear. That’s where I belong.”
36. “I’ve always been fortunate in that I’ve been able to put myself in my own zone and relax. It comes naturally. I’m lucky to be that way.”
37. “Swimming is normal for me. I’m relaxed. I’m comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It’s my home.”
38. “Every day after I wake up, I think, ‘Wait….this can’t be real; I’m going to still wake up.”
39. “Records are always made to be broken no matter what they are.”
40. “I think with practice, you can be whatever you want to be, and with a goal, you can go in any direction that you want to go in.”
41. “You can make a million mistakes, just not the same one twice.”
42. “I want to go to the World Cup. I want to go to the Masters. I want to go… anywhere.”
43. “I’m the same kind of guy before all this happened.”
44. “No goal is too high if you put your mind to it.”
45. “But a hero should be somebody who can lift up other people with his courage and dedication.”
46. “Some days, you learn from a book; other days, you learn from hours of practice.”
47. “In some sports, you can just get by on a lot of natural talent. In swimming, it helps to be long and lean, but you can’t be good at it without putting in the work. There is a direct connection between what you put into it and what you get out of it.”
48. “If I bring back only one gold, people are going to say it’s a disappointment. But not too many of them own an Olympic gold medal, so if I get one, I’m going to be happy.”
49. “It’s not how you start, but it’s how you finish.”
50. “Anything is possible as long as you want it; you work for it. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks; the only person that can really put pressure on you is yourself.”
To Wrap Up
Hope you enjoyed this compilation of the most inspirational quotes by Michael Phelps.
What are some of the best Michael Phelps quotes you love the most?
Share your thoughts in our comments section below.
You’ll Also Enjoy: