Why is Simone Biles quotes an inspiration?
The rise of the renowned gymnast Simone Biles, from foster care to the pinnacle of gymnastics success, is indeed an inspiring tale.
As you would agree, Simone Biles, who understands how powerful and motivating her story is, has sought to make use of different mediums to use her story to inspire people, especially women.
No wonder she penned her autobiography, Courage to Soar: A Body in Motion, A Life in Balance.
It is a gift to everyone moved by her success to give insight into her struggles to become one of the greatest gymnasts of her generation.
Aside from her autobiography, Simone Biles has always made use of almost every platform to inspire the next generation of achievers in athletics and other fields of life with her refreshing quotes.
As her influence in the world expanded thanks to her glamorous life and career, Biles has dropped these quotes in her books, in interviews, on social media posts, just anywhere she can think of reaching people.
It comes as no surprise that Biles hopes to inspire the next generation of successful individuals.
Biles revealed that her motivation to become what she now is, began after she saw American artistic gymnast, Gabby Douglas, claimed all-round gold at the 2012 London Olympics.
In her own words, “I was like if she can do it, I can do it.”
That began the journey to become the most successful gymnast of her generation.
Here’s a compilation of our favorite Simone Biles quotes that’ll inspire you to succeed.
50 Greatest Simone Biles Quotes to Inspire & Motivate You
1. “We strive for greatness.”
2. “I’m the first Simone Biles.”
3. “Stay healthy, have fun with it, and embrace all the moments. Because anything can happen.”
4. “A successful competition for me is always going out there and putting 100 percent into whatever I’m doing. It’s not always winning. People, I think, mistake that it’s just winning. Sometimes it could be, but for me, it’s hitting the best sets I can, gaining confidence, and having a good time and having fun.”
5. “I feel like I’m small and mighty and pack a powerful punch, just like Tide PODS.”
6. “My first experience with gymnastics was when I was in daycare. We took a field trip to a gym, and I was hooked.”
7. “I’m always trying to push myself to the limit to see what I can do. It’s my strong will that I’ve always had since I was a kid.”
8. “The sport is called artistic gymnastics. So you do have to be a little bit of an actress.”
9. “I take things one step at a time.”
10. “There are goals that I have, and then I dream of it, a d then I make it a reality. If I could crawl out of my skin and see it, it will be really amazing.”
11. “If I thought of gymnastics as a job, it would put too much stress on me.”
12. “If I disappoint someone, it’s their loss for putting that expectation on me when they don’t know me. I can’t control what they want.”
13. “Most people would focus on concentrating more, and I can’t do that. It almost makes me overthink a lot of my things. I have to focus on not thinking.”
14. “It was a very long and hard decision. My dad kept telling me, ‘You can always go to college, but you can’t always go pro.’ That made sense to me.”
15. “If they said, ‘Do five pull-ups,’ I would always want to do 10.”
16. “Growing up, it was kind of a struggle being small since everyone would make fun of you – except for when it came to hide and seek: that’s the only advantage I ever had!”
17. “You can still be very good at what you do and have fun.”
18. “Everything is possible at any one competition.”
19. “I think I’m teaching my teammates that they can still be successful while having fun and enjoying the moment rather than being a stone cold brick.”
20. “For me, I don’t think about size. I focus more on being powerful and confident.”
21. “Always work hard and have fun in what you do because I think that when you’re more successful, you’ll have to choose to do it.”
22. “You don’t have to be serious all the time to do a good job.”
23. “I always say my biggest competitor is myself because, whenever I step out there on the mat, I’m competing against myself to prove that I can do this and that I am very well trained, prepared for it.”
24. “At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day.”
25. “For me to compete at the highest level, training and living a healthy lifestyle is an everyday focus for me, and I’m excited to be a part of the Everyday Awesome team!”
26. “You can have fun and do well. Just let loose a bit.”
27. “It feels amazing to inspire little kids to want to do gymnastics and have fun with it.”
28. “The reaction of the public plays a very important role. It gives us an adrenaline boost, especially when people start to shout and clap their hands in time with the music. That really helps us to go on.”
29. “The same thing that’s true in gymnastics is also true in life: you can’t go back. The best you can do is forgive yourself, take a deep breath, and get to work on the next challenge.”
30. “Mentally, I have to get my body and mind in the right place before I start the routine, but once into the zone, it’s like I turn on a switch. I envision myself doing the same thing for the Olympic Games.”
More Great Quotes by Simone Biles
31. “I’m not the next Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps. I’m the first Simone Biles.”
32. “I’d rather regret the risk that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.”
33. “You make your own luck. You make it in training.”
34. “If you’re having fun, that’s when the best memories are built.”
35. “The unexpected is usually what brings the unbelievable.”
36. “Practice creates confidence. Confidence empowers you.”
37. “We all have skills. We can push ourselves further. We always have more to give.”
38. “To me, I go out there, and I do what I trained. We prepare so long for that moment, so it’s just kind of exciting.”
39. “If you ever have a mistake, you try to just kind of forget about it because if you carry that with you for the rest of the routine, then the rest of your routine might not go as planned. So you just kind of shake it off, and you just continue.”
40. “I never felt I had questions or needed answers or had a part of me that was missing.”
41. “When I was younger, I thought every kid was adopted because that’s all I’ve known. I have everything I need, so I never felt the need to have answers for what happened.”
42. “I can only control what I do when I go compete.”
43. “I tune it all out because if I let other people’s stress get to me, then I stress myself out more than I need to.”
44. “I have everything I need, so there are no blanks left unfilled.”
45. “As athletes, we’re always going to have aches and pains, but when your teammates cheer you on, you don’t think about it.”
46. “I didn’t really ever dream of going to the Olympics until after 2012.”
47. “Sometimes I hear the crowd cheering, and most of the time your body’s on autopilot, so sometimes even after I do a floor routine, I’m like, Did I really just do that?”
48. “It doesn’t even matter if I don’t win a self-gold – after every meet, I have pizza. Pepperoni pizza.”
49. “As a kid growing up, I was never like, ‘I want to go to the Olympics,’ so having to pass on 2012 because I was too young didn’t bother me at all.”
50. “I don’t really think about the degree of difficulty or the possibility of making a mistake. I just try to relax and let my preparation and training take over.”
To Wrap Up
VIDEO: Simone Biles On USA Gymnastics’ Vow To Change: “Talking Is Easy”
Hope you enjoyed our compilation of the greatest inspirational quotes by Simone Biles.
What are some of your favorite Simone Biles quotes and sayings?
Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
You’ll Also Enjoy: