Why is Kawhi Leonard quotes inspirational?
Kawhi “The Klaw” Leonard is undoubtedly one of the most prominent modern-day basketball names, widely recognized for his exceptional ball-handling skills.
The 32-year old small forward began his NBA career in 2011 and has grown to become one of the most influential figures in the game due to his impressive records.
Among his achievements include two NBA Championships, two NBA Final MVPs, five All-Star selections, six All-Defensive Team selections, and two Defensive Player of the Year Awards.
Impressively, Leonard’s influence has flowed from the court to people’s hearts, with inspiring quotes to inspire his fans and the general public.
The following 50 inspirational Kawhi Leonard quotes could motivate you before your day kicks off.
50 Inspirational Kawhi Leonard Quotes That Could Motivate You
1. “Winning is motivation.”
2. “I work all summer and throughout the whole season to be prepared for the challenges that I have to face.”
3. Whoever I’m playing against, I go in and try to stop their best scorer and try to get myself going on the offensive end.”
4. People in the NBA are just as athletic as you. That’s the game. You have to have a change of pace. You have to change speeds to get around people.”
5. “I don’t like to bring attention to myself. I don’t like to make a scene.”
6. “It’s just the game itself that drives me. I just want to be able to compete at a high level.”
7. “I look at the film, but more than watching individual players, I’m trying to watch a team’s whole offensive scheme. I’m trying to know their tendencies, so I can… guess. That’s what it comes down to, really, making the best guess.”
8. “As long as you give your best effort, I feel like that’s all you can do.”
9. “I’m Just Living in The Moment, trying to Win Every Game. That’s All I’m Focused On.”
10. “I want the kids to know that it’s not a myth that somebody from their city plays and wins in the NBA. I just want to influence them to work hard and do whatever they want to do in life, whether it’s to be a basketball player or scientist… if they believe in themselves, they can do anything.”
11. “I try to come in with a focus to stop my man and win the game. I’m always trying to be ready to catch them off their strides by being physical enough without getting fouls.”
12. “I’ll never try to win an award. I’m out there just playing for my team.”
13. “I like being the underdog, so they don’t expect what’s going to happen. It pushes me to work harder and do the things I’m not doing better.”
14. “I’m always trying to come down with a win. That’s what matters to my squad and me.”
15. “I’m just trying to pass Tim Duncan in championships if I can one day. That’s my motivation; that’s what I strive for. Tim is one of the greatest players who has ever played, so if I could get close or reach that plateau and have my name on that list.”
16. “You just go out there and try to compete and try to make a play for your teammates.”
17. “I could have gone to a bigger school. I use it as motivation to go to a school that loved me. I wanted to put them on the map and show everyone that you don’t need to go to a top school to make it in the NBA.”
18. “I’m just the same guy… I don’t need to be a celebrity or a superstar.”
19. “I don’t care about winning an MVP – the MVP doesn’t mean you’re the best player in the league.”
20. “It’s all mental. I just have to worry about my game.”
21. “My motivation wasn’t really to get a $95 million contract, you know?”
22. “You definitely see a difference in some guys’ games when they do get paid. I’m trying to make sure I’m not that player.”
23. “I’m not out here just for the money. I want to be a great player.”
24. “I’m never trying to break a career-high out there.”
25. “It’s just a great feeling once you have a child.”
26. “I’m just happy that I get the opportunity to do the things on the court that I do in practice.”
27. “I’m trying to see what way I could lead so when the opportunity comes, it won’t just hit me in the face.”
28. “I’m trying to be one of the greatest players, so whatever level that consists of is where I want to take my game.”
29. “When I was growing up, I didn’t have a hometown hero.”
30. “Coming to a team like the Spurs, you’re automatically going to learn how to play the game the right way.”
More Famous Quotes by Kawhi Leonard
31. “Coming in, I wanted to be a great player, and right now, at the beginning of my career, I’m showing some slight sunshine that I can be the player I want.”
32. “I want to play against the best, and that’s what I’m doing, just going out there and being focused, just competing for every possession.”
33. “I know people are going to put the main focus on stopping me, so I need to learn how to make my teammates better, bypassing and creating opportunities for them.”
34. “I always wanted to play both ends of the floor. I never wanted to be one-dimensional.”
35. “It was a great feeling to be named an All-Star starter, to know that my hard work is paying off and fans around the world recognize that.”
36. “There’s nothing to be scared of. We’re playing basketball. The only thing that could happen is you fail. But as long as you’re going hard, there’s nothing to be scared of for me. I don’t know what there is to be scared of.”
37. “Playing football helped me a lot. Just reading the quarterback’s eyes and reading receivers, figuring out what they want to do.”
38. “My mindset is the same every game.”
39. “I can’t be impatient. It would show on the floor, and I won’t compete if I’m thinking about getting the ball.”
40. “The big guys are there on the help-side if the guy goes by me, and I’m able to switch to other offensive players.”
41. “It’s definitely fun when you’re able to translate your practice into the game. It’s fun, and you know that your hard work paid off.”
42. “I’m just going out there to do my role, the same role – defense first – and then see how the ball turns out on the offensive end.”
43. “When I’m on the court, I feel all problems go away.”
44. “If I get noticed for my individual performance, that’s what happens. Other than that, I’m just trying to win the game.”
45. “I’ve been working hard to be one of the focal points in the NBA, one of the top guys.”
46. “I’ve got to learn how to create shots for others.”
47. “I believed I could play in the NBA.”
48. “If I can get back and win a championship, that’s what I’m trying to do.”
49. “I could be on the court for two hours, and it felt like ten minutes. it made the time go by.”
50. “I Just Try to Play Every Game Like Its Game 7 Of The NBA Finals.”
RELATED: Top-10 Best NBA Players Right Now
To Wrap Up
Hope you enjoyed our compilation of the greatest sayings and inspirational quotes by Kawhi Leonard.
VIDEO: Kawhi Leonard’s Funniest Voice Lines
What are some of your favorite Kawhi Leonard quotes?
Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
You’ll Also Enjoy: