Some of the best Shaquille O’Neal quotes are such an inspiration.
Shaquille O’Neal is a great name to reckon with in the world of basketball and the NBA.
In his 19 years career stint, Shaq has proven more than he is worth, and yet outside of the basketball and sporting world, he still continues to prove what a great man he is.
He became an NBA analyst for Turner Network Television, got a doctorate degree, and even served as Florida sheriff’s deputy.
Truth be told, it might take some of us three lifetimes to achieve all that Shaquille achieved and is still achieving in his lifetime.
Taking cues from the man of success himself, here are some inspiring and motivating Shaquille O’Neal quotes to live by and inspire yourself.
The Best Shaquille O’Neal Quotes Yet
1. “I never worry about the problem. I worry about the solution.”
2. “Everything happens for a reason. I’m used to it; I prepare for it. Like I say, at the end of the day, those in charge of their own destiny are going to do what’s right for them and their family.”
3. “I’m a weird big guy. Doing rapping, doing movies. Do a lot of stuff. But always do things the right way.”
4. “This is a tough game. There are times when you’ve got to play hurt when you’ve got to block out the pain.”
5. “Generals don’t panic; then the troops never panic.”
6. “But, hey, I did everything the right way and earned my spot in this game; nothing was given to me.”
7. “One lucky shot deserves another.”
8. “If you got the game, you got the game. That’s why Tiger Woods is out there playing golf with Greg Norman.”
9. “When you’re in championships, it’s never about what you do. It’s always about what other people do.”
10. “Art is a process of delivering or arranging elements that appeal to the emotions of a person looking at it. It’s what you feel.”
11. “When you flop, that’s just another message that you don’t know how to play me. Stand up and take your medicine like a man.”
12. “I want to be known as ‘The Big Shakespeare.’ It was Shakespeare that said, ‘Some men are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness thrust upon them.”
13. “I was fortunate enough to see and handle and take in everything I could while I was playing.”
14. “Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.”
15. “I don’t believe that I personally have been changed by the money. The bad thing is people assume you’ve changed because now you have money.”
16. “Me shooting 40% at the foul line is just God’s way to say nobody’s perfect.”
17. “The only person who can really motivate you is you.”
18. “There are seven days in the week, and someday isn’t one of them.”
19. “To all the young people out there who think money and fame are important: that’s only a small piece of the pie. You need an education to be totally secure in life.”
20. It is not about how much money you make. The question is are you educated enough to keep it.”
21. “The day I stopped worrying about stats is the day I started winning.”
22. “I really get motivated when I have doubters.”
23. “I had to learn at an early age to turn criticism into motivation.”
24. “I start off at one price. Every now and then, I’ll go down, but eventually, I’ll go back up.”
25. “Look up the word role in the dictionary, and you’ll see it means playing a part. That’s why I call myself a real model.”
26. “I guess people think the taller you are, the more dominant you have to be.”
27. “When you’re righteous, you don’t have to tell people that you’re righteous.”
28. “We live in an impatient world. Everybody is always looking for the next big Kobe, the next big LeBron, the next big Twitter.”
29. “Challenge me. Treat me like a game of checkers and play me. That’s all I’m asking; just play me. Treat me like Sega and play me.”
30. “We’re just going to come out and play. We know that we’re supposed to win all the games, but if we don’t, we just have to take the next game and focus on what we did wrong in the game before and just try to do better at the next game.”
RELATED: 50 Inspirational Tiger Woods Quotes
More Inspirational Quotes by Shaquille O’Neal
31. “I want to be strong, dominant. Like Wilt Chamberlain.”
32. “I average 25 with three guys on me, and they are just looking at stats, I guess.”
33. “Right now, sometimes we’re doing it, sometimes we’re not. We just have to develop some consistency.”
34. “I don’t get nervous in any situation. There’s no such thing as nerves when you’re playing games.”
35. “I did everything the right way and earned my spot in this game; nothing was given to me.”
36. “I was taught and raised to never give up, always persevere and no excuses.”
37. “I think I have done enough to remain successful, but I don’t think I’ve made it yet… I’m just a regular guy that just listened to the right people.”
38. “I’ve always been a leader. Every team I’ve played on, I’ve led my way.”
39. “Our offense is like the Pythagorean theorem: There is no answer!”
40. “Someday, I might have to put down a basketball and have a regular 9-to-5 like everybody else.”
41. “My father made me who I am. He gave me a basketball and told me to play with the ball, sleep with the ball, dream with the ball. Just don’t take it to school. I used it as a pillow, and it never gave me a stiff neck.”
42. “And I want to do it the right way, like everybody else, not just a famous figurehead that gets a job because he is a famous basketball player. I want to really learn the business.”
43. “I’m a combination of the Terminator and Bambi.”
44. “I would like to be referred to as ‘The Big Aristotle.'”
45. “We’re having too many fundamental mistakes. We need to learn how to overcome those.”
46. “I’m always ready for a change. I’m Irish. I’m a leprechaun.”
47. “When we keep fighting, we’re a hard team to beat. Now we just have to take that and bottle it up.”
48. “Stats don’t matter. I care about winning, not stats. If I score 0 points and we win, I’m happy. If I score 50, 60 points, break the records, and we lose, I’m pissed off. ‘Cause I knew I did something wrong. I’ll have a hell of a season if I win the championship and average 20 points a game.”
49. “I make the game easy. Double and triple me, I’ll kick it out to you for a wide-open shot. I’ll add years to your career.”
50. “Opinions are like belly buttons; everybody has one. I never knock a man for his opinion.”
51. “If you don’t like me, there must be something wrong with you.”
To Wrap Up
Hope you enjoyed reading this compilation of the best quotes by Shaquille O’Neal.
What are some of the best Shaquille O’Neal quotes you love the most?
Share your thoughts in our comments section below.
You’ll Also Enjoy: